Step-by-Step Guide: Cooking Chicken Tikka Masala at HomeCourse: Boki’s Cooking: The cooking recipes for Boki dishes
Once you’ve marinated your chicken in Indian spices, you can prepare this quick and easy yet incredibly tasty Indian Chicken Tikka Masala in under 30 minutes.
- For Marinating the Chicken:
2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 900g), cut into bite-sized pieces
1 cup plain yogurt
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons turmeric powder
1 ½ teaspoons of annatto powder (if desired)
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon minced ginger
- For Cooking the Chicken and Crafting the Sauce:
2 tablespoons of oil
2 tablespoons of butter (divided)
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 teaspoons garam masala
2 teaspoons coriander
2 teaspoons turmeric powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon salt
14 ounces of tomato sauce (about 400g)
3/4 cup of heavy cream (180 ml)
2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro (if desired)
- Thoroughly coat the chicken with all the marinating ingredients and let it marinate for 2-3 hours. Remove the chicken from the marinade.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of oil and 1 tablespoon of butter. Sear the chicken on all sides. Meanwhile, in another large skillet, melt the remaining tablespoon of butter over medium heat, and add minced garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add garam masala, ground coriander, turmeric, cumin, chili powder, and salt. Cook for an additional minute. Stir in the tomato sauce and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat, and when the sauce is no longer bubbling, add the heavy cream. Heat over medium flame until the sauce achieves a slight thickening.
- Once the chicken is cooked and golden, pour the sauce over it.
Let it all gently simmer for a duration of 5 to 8 minutes. Add cilantro (if using) and serve with basmati rice.
Recipe: How to Prepare Delectable Indian Chicken Tikka Masala
Once your chicken is marinated in a blend of Indian spices, you can whip up this quick and delicious Indian Chicken Tikka Masala in under 30 minutes.
A staple on many Indian restaurant menus throughout American cities, Indian Chicken Tikka Masala could be likened to the General Tso’s Chicken of Indian cuisine. While its origins may be debated, it’s a dish universally loved by those who’ve tasted it.
Indian Chicken Tikka Masala embodies a rich infusion of cream, spices, savory goodness, and a sauce that melds perfectly with a mound of fluffy basmati rice – my personal bliss. Previously, I’d often left this dish to the experts until I stumbled upon this Food.com recipe.
It appears fairly straightforward and provides an opportunity to utilize some less common spices in our kitchens – think garam masala, annatto, and coriander, just to name a few.
The results of this Indian Chicken Tikka Masala recipe are simply outstanding, and it comes together surprisingly swiftly. After marinating for a few hours, the entire dish was ready in about 20 minutes or so – faster than our local Indian restaurant could deliver it to our doorstep.